2013 was a great year for Art Authority and Art Authority users. We added a large number of works to the “collection,” as well as a large number of features to the app. So many, in fact, that Apple named Art Authority for iPad as one of the Best New Apps of the year:
And that despite the app being three-and-a-half years old, having shipped at the same time as the first iPad, April 3, 2010!
Here’s a quick summary of the major goings-on from 2013:
- Interviews, talks and demos at Macworld/iWorld. Alan’s talk “Art Goes Digital” was a big highlight.
- Year 3 of our summer intern program, helping us to add somewhere around 10,000 works to the database
- Our 5-year anniversary of doing apps. No developer other than Apple has done apps longer.
- Addition of the groundbreaking “Art Real Size” feature to Art Authority for iPad
- Highlighting of the app in the New York Times Book Review
- Additions for iOS 7, including AirDrop support.
Not bad for a new app So here’s to 2013, and to what we have to look forward to in 2014 as well!